SMRv2 – Standard Maneuver Rolls System
GM Konacon explains about the new Standard Maneuver Rolls System (SMRv2), and what you need to know. (Don’t try to say that real fast…) At the Officials:
Category: GemStone IV Announcements
Topic: Important AnnouncementsDate: 12/27/2016 09:58 PM CSTFrom: GS4-KONACONSubj: SMRv2 Details!Hi everybody!
Here to talk a little bit about the new SMR (SMRv2?) and share some info on what skills, stats, and other things have an effect on it. (SMR stands for Standard Maneuver Roll. It’s the system that most critters use for special attacks that aren’t on the CMAN system, like roa’ter burrows.)
So, let’s get right into what factors are taken into account for the SMR. These are not listed by any order of importance. It’s just the order that made sense to me.
The primary defense for the defender is calculated using:
1) Primary: Dexterity
2) Secondary: Agility and Intuition.
– Skills (Note: All skills are weighted equally by the SMR.)
2) Combat Maneuvers
– The bonus ranks granted by Patron’s Blessing (1611) are taken into account.
4) Physical Fitness
– Spells that give a bonus to dodge ranks are taken into account.
5) Shield Use is used in some cases, depending on the maneuver.
– Defender spell effects
1) Heroism (215)
2) Prayer (313)
3) Haste (535)
4) Phase (704)
4) – Phase (704) can now be cast as a self-defensive buff. Sorcerous Lore, Demonology ranks increase this bonus.
5) Cloak of Shadows (712)
6) Melgorehn’s Aura (913)
7) Empathic Focus (1109)
8) Patron’s Blessing (1611)
– Other factors
Stance, level difference, size/race, injuries, encumbrance, armor penalty, and status conditions.
One final note: Some factors may not be considered for a particular maneuver, depending upon its specifics. For example, magical maneuvers such as Earthen Fury (917) do not factor in the caster’s stance or injuries. I’m sure there will be questions and clarifications needed so I’ll be happy to answer any of those, outside of exact numbers, to the best of my abilities!
A couple of final notes that are semi-related:
1) Phase (704) has been given a self-only buff (standard buff duration) that increases the sorcerer’s defenses against BOTH the old SMR and the new SMR. This buff is sorcerer only.
2) Patron’s Blessing (1611) has also been given some defense against the old SMR, and the bonus ranks in Combat Maneuvers granted by the spell now also applies to the old SMR. This buff is paladin only.
This message was originally posted in Hunting and Combat, Combat Maneuvers Discussion. To discuss the above, follow the link below.